- Works and General Offices, Canton, Ohio.
Branch offices in New York, Philadelphia, Boston, Minneapolis,
St. Louis, San Francisco, Chicago, Cincinnati.
- The Berger Mfg. Co. of Mass.:
160-166 Broadway Extension, So. Boston, Mass.
- 1886 - Founded by John and Wilson Berger
of Canton, Ohio
- 1888 - Incorporated as "Berger Manufacturing
- 1900 - Moved to present Belden Avenue address
in Canton (5 moves in 10 years)
- 1906 - Alloy steel production starts
- 1921 - Merges with United Furnace Company
and United Alloy Steel
- 1930 - Republic Steel Corporation founded,
Berger and Central Alloy as divisions
- 1936 - Sales and administration offices
combined at Republic Building in Cleveland, Ohio
- 1937 - Berger Division Plant No.2 in Louisville,
- 1940 - Present 3-story brick HQ built at
1038 Belden Avenue in Canton
- 1941 - Shift to wartime production:
ammunition boxes, steel ship furniture, shelving etc.
Plant No. 2 makes bomb bay doors and wing flaps
- 1946 - Postwar production: shelving, lockers,
storage cabinets, desks, bookcases and steel kitchen cabinets
- 1962 - Republic consolidates Berger and three
other divisions forming the Manufacturing Division of Youngstown,
- 1973 - Administrative re-org returns "Berger"
to Canton as the Industrial Products Division of Republic Steel
- 1983 - Name change: Industrial Products Division
becomes Republic Storage Systems
- 1984 - LTV (Dallas) buys Republic Steel and
forms LTV Steel
- 1986 - LTV sells manufacturing divisions;
Republic Storage Systems purchaed by employees
- Currently operating
- See this Republic Storage Systems
Primarily a metals company; presumably they jobbed out the glasswork.