- Works and General Offices, Canton, Ohio.
Branch offices in New York, Philadelphia, Boston, Minneapolis,
St. Louis, San Francisco, Chicago, Cincinnati.
- The Berger Mfg. Co. of MA: 160-166 Broadway Extension, So. Boston
- 1886 - Founded by John and Wilson Berger of Canton, Ohio
- 1888 - Incorporated as "Berger Manufacturing Company"
- 1900 - Moved to present Belden Avenue address in Canton
(5 moves in 10 years)
- 1906 - Alloy steel production starts
- 1921 - Merges with United Furnace Company and United Alloy Steel
- 1930 - Republic Steel Corporation founded, Berger and Central Alloy
- 1936 - Sales and administration offices combined at Republic Building
in Cleveland, Ohio
- 1937 - Berger Division Plant No.2 in Louisville, Ohio startup
- 1940 - Present 3-story brick HQ built at 1038 Belden Avenue in Canton
- 1941 - Shift to wartime production: ammunition boxes, steel ship
furniture, shelving etc. Plant No. 2 makes bomb bay doors and
- 1946 - Postwar production: shelving, lockers, storage cabinets,
desks, bookcases and steel kitchen cabinets
- 1962 - Republic consolidates Berger and three other divisions
forming the Manufacturing Division of Youngstown, Ohio
- 1973 - Administrative re-org returns "Berger" to Canton as the
Industrial Products Division of Republic Steel
- 1983 - Name change: Industrial Products Division becomes Republic
- 1984 - LTV (Dallas) buys Republic Steel and forms LTV Steel
- 1986 - LTV sells manufacturing divisions; Republic Storage Systems
purchased by employees
- Currently operating
- See this Republic Storage Systems
Primarily a metals company; presumably they jobbed out the glasswork.
Oval is 7 7/8" × 3¾"
Berger Mfg Co Plant
Sheet Metal Products
"From the Ore to the Store"
Scott · 1890 (PNG)
Hunter · 1917